Tamar Yonah Show

INTERVIEWS WITH THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS OF ISRAEL AND THE JEWISH WORLD.
BITING AND EXHILARATING RADIO!

LISTEN LIVE
- Sunday 8-10am NY, 3-5pm Israel - Weekend Edition w/Malkah Fleisher
- Monday 12-1am NY, 7-8am Israel - w/Prof. Paul Eidelberg
- Tuesday 12-1am NY, 7-8am Israel - In Depth Interview
- Wednesday 12-1am NY, 7-8am Israel - TnT: Tovia & Tamar

Monday, August 14, 2006

Do It For A Soldier !


Turning Pain into Something Positive
Quick post which I shall update later. ...
re: my show from today, Monday, Aug. 14 (Sunday night midnight Eastern)...

Here is a list of some of the soldiers who were killed in this war, that you can choose from to do something in their honor. These boys will never be able to do 'mitzvahs' again. But we can do some for them. This is what is called 'ahavat yisrael' - loving one's fellow Jew. PLEASE, take on one small specific 'good deed' or mitzvah (commandment) in the name of one of these soldiers. If you like, leave me a message here of that you decided to do, and which soldier you'd like to do it for. Let's turn some of these tragedies into something positive for this world. In their memories. When doing this good deed, mentally or physically say, "I am doing this mitzvah in the 'zechut' - in the honor of- (add name of soldier) . By doing this, we are elevating this world, tipping the cales in our favor, and using evil in this world, to amke us all better.
G-d bless you! Hope to see a lot of comments below with your small commitment that you will take on, as well as the soldier you chose.
Tamar

http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/mainpage.asp?sl=EN&id=7&docid=56566.EN

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 14, 2006 3:55:00 AM, Blogger Elaine said…

    I think this is a wonderful memorial to these brave sons' of Yisrael. I shared this post with my husband, and he was greatly moved. We have stood by the bedside of both of our son's when the doctors gave us no hope, and by the grace of G-D, our boys are both still with us. Our hearts ache for the families of these brave men. My husband said that there was no way that he could choose between them and pick-out one in particular, so he chose the first soldier on the list rather than to choose. His soldier that he would like to honor with a special mitzvah is, Corporal Yaar Ben Giat, 19, of Nachshulim. He was so young and our hearts break for his family. Our own son, Daniel was only 19 when he was in a near fatal accident. My husband thought long and hard and says that he feels the mitzvah that he will make a consious effort to perform in zechut of Corporal Yaar Ben Giat, is to everyday, uphold good in this world and to speak-out against evil whenever and wherever the opportunity to do so presents itself.

    The soldier that I would like to honor with a special mitzvah is, Sergeant Yoan Zarbib, 22 years old, of Tel Aviv. Again, he was so young, the same age of our son, Daniel now. I will attempt to honor his memory by making a spcial prayer each day in zechut of this brave son of Yisrael, for the true and everlasting PEACE of Jerusalem and of all Yisrael to become a reality in our lifetimes.

     
  • At Monday, August 14, 2006 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Elaine said…

    Dear Kathryn,

    When I read your second post I just had to ask you a question about it. I hope I'm not being too personal, but your post really interested me. Could you please share with me why you chose the time 2:22 for your prayer time? You see that same time has had a great importance to me for the last several years and I wondered why you had chosen it. If it's not too personal could you please share it with me? We chose the same young soldier to honor and your choice of 2:22 really caught my attention. Best, Elaine

     
  • At Monday, August 14, 2006 8:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For Staff Sergeant Adam Goren from the town of Kibbutz Ma'abarot, I will say the Shema every-moring in his name.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will be going to Yeshiva Hadar HaTorah Summer Weekend Lessons (called Yeshiva-cation) in upstate Catskill Mountains for Shabbat Re'eh. I am going to copy and print the page listing the names of all the soldiers and take it with me to Yeshiva-camp and post it at the Beit Midrash encouraging everyone to study each day in their zechut. (for not less than one minute and up to one hour for each and every soldier...) between AV 24 and Av 27. I will also post the list at the Yeshiva's main building in Brooklyn, after the end of the summer camp. I will personally say kaddish b'zechut of these men (1 kaddish/soldier) during the week of AV 24 thru Rosh Chodesh Elul (3x's/day would make 24 kaddish in 6 days.) [Reb] Yehonaton Levy - if possible, I will either post this info on my web site or a link to the IDF info page. My site is: www.judaiccenter.org

     
  • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tamar, this is a very big mitzvah that you have initiated... but, you should stress that it is "L'ilui nishmat" [name of the fallen soldier ben/bat name of the mother of the soldier]. Don't forget we had ONE female fallen soldier in this sham of a war! Kol HaKavod to you. May you be Matzli'ach in all Ma'aseh Yadeich! May HaKadosh Baruch Hu, always, watch over & protect your mishpachah and shower your home with brachot of shalom bayit, bri'ut and parnasah tova. May you be able to continue to do chessed for Am Yisra'el and E"Y. Ken Yehi Razton. Amen. Haddasa

    For these Chayalim HaGiborim sheNaflu lema'an Am Yisra'el v'Eretz Yisra'el Al Kiddush HaShem, may H-shem wrap each of them in his light and keep them close until bi'at Mashi'ach ben Da'vid!We love them & honor them & mourn with their families, as one entire family called: Am Yisra'el.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home